DSA training scheme.
Pass-Plus is a training scheme, developed by the Driving Standards Agency, to help the newly qualified driver to:
- Speed up the process of gaining "quality" driving experience in a relatively safe environment, especially in areas where you may have little experience (such as Motorway driving).
- Acquire a positive driving style (including accepting responsibility and taking extra care of other road users).
- Potentially reduce the risk of being involved in a road accident.
- Save money on certain car insurance premiums.
After passing your test, the Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) registered with the Pass-Plus Scheme will then take you for a minimum of six modules (lessons) during which you will cover essential subjects such as:
- Town Driving
- All-weather driving
- Out of town driving and rural roads
- Night driving
- Dual Carriageway driving
- Motorway driving
Motor insurers that support the Pass Plus Scheme will give you a substantial discount on your motor insurance policy. Insurers will give you at least a one-year's no claims bonus for comprehensive, third party fire and theft and third party policies as soon as you insure your own car. The saving could more than cover the cost of the extra lessons.